Drop off day: Everything went great. The business owner and I clarified when I would be back to pick up my pal and what my time frame was for that day of pickup, normal pickup was 11am but because of my unknown flight delays our window was 11am - 1pm. Understandably every hour past 11am was an extra charge. We clarified all the times, contact and emergency info and left for our trip. We were away for 2 weeks and I didn't worry at all, I missed my dog but that was about it.
(note: an employee was there during this whole exchange and overheard all the details which were double checked)
Pick up day: After a 20+ hour flight and 12 hour time change, we finally make it home. After a few hours of sleep, we jumped in our truck and legged it down to DC to pick up our pet. We made it there at 12 noon on the dot. With all the gates locked, we waited and after 15mins decided to give the owner a call. They were expecting us after all right? After speaking with the owner's rude partner, he informed me they were 15minutes away and they were closed for that day. WHAT? closed? No one told me. He then told me they were 15mins away. .... 35minutes later no show. I made another call, this time asking for the owner. I told her we had been there waiting at their locked gates. We would like to pick up our dog! (understandable right? I've just flown 2 days and had barely any sleep- I was to tired to fight) So the owner yelled at me, told me that they were closed, I was supposed to pick up my dog at 11am, (she obviously took back her time frame she originally gave me without letting me know) She then yelled at me informing me that I could either wait for her until she could get there, or I could come back another day to pick up my dog. Then she hung up on me. I hadn't eaten, slept, or even had energy to deal with this. I was on the verge of tears and was just shaking. A little while later an employee walks up to the gate. He couldn't believe we had been waiting outside to pick up our dog for nearly 1hr. Staff was inside the building and they could have just given us our dog without any of this hassle. So we go inside, one of the staff members then calls the owner, stating we are there to pick up our dog. Guess what the owner does... she instructs her staff to make us (paying customers) to wait OUTSIDE THE BUILDING till she gets there. We weren't even allowed inside the air conditioned building. The same staff member who was their on our drop off day, mentioned to me that he remembered what our drop off times were. I wasn't crazy, he confirmed we had a window of pick up between 11am-1pm. When I suggested he mention it to his boss, simply to clarify the situation he said *' What she says go, if she thinks she's right, she's right!' Our bill was nearly 500 dollars and thats how we were treated. I was floored, what happened to this professional, friendly business owner? I guess she has an evil twin. To exhausted and tired to fight, we paid our bill, gathered up our dog (1 hr after we got there) and left. She said all of 2 words to me and didn't mention a single thing about her unprofessional completely uncalled for yelling fit and then hanging up on me. After 2 days of sleep, I realized she had neither called to apologize or cared to bridge our business relationship.
I guess she didn't want our business. I would have thought she could have just called to say sorry and she can't wait to have our dog back. After all we have a trip coming up in a few months!
But on second thought - who wants to walk on egg shells with a crazy business owner. I had to wait 1 hr to pick up my dog... what if next time she doesn't even let me have him? If she could just freak out like that... who knows what is possible...
* direct quote.
Please note: I am in no way perfect, I always try to tell both sides of the story honestly and accurately.

No comments:
Post a Comment