So I'm almost at my wits end.... We still need a place to board our dog. How great would it be, if there was a place 10 minutes away from where we live. Our search took us to A DOGS DAY in Chantilly. They do boarding, bathing, and day care. The first time I went in, my dog was not himself. The girl who had us fill out the information was passive and soft spoken and allowed him to jump on her. She simply had no presence. Definitely not a pack-leader. But whatever right, no one is perfect. When the owner came back to take my dog to his evaluation my dog wasn't really comfortable with her. He is normally a social butterfly and for some reason he just didn't seem like himself. He wasn't listening well and I just wasn't comfortable with the owner or her employee who I had met either. But I was still wanting to give them a chance. Sometimes things just take time, right? After all I needed to find a place that fit our basic needs, playing, sleeping, and feeding. After pressing them, I was able to watch the evaluation on camera. My dog just wasn't himself. At one point he lifted his leg and peed on the owners dog while she was laying down. When the owner brought him back out, she was livid. The camera was lagging and so I never saw him actually lift his leg on her dog so the owner informed me what he had done. I had no idea what to think. He had never lifted his leg on any dog (we are regulars at dog parks, and before we moved he regularly went to day care and did boarding) or ever even had a problem with that sort of thing. After the owner had cooled down, she told me that if I would like to come back another day she was willing to reconsider and allow him back to see how things go.
A few days later ...
My husband accompanied me this time and we went back and dropped our dog off for a few hours of play. We wanted to see how things would go this time. Perhaps our first visit was just a bad day? My husband and I both watched him play for about 30mins on camera and watched the staff interact with him. So far things seemed good. A boxer who was there instantly took to him and they both played and played. My dog was the youngest dog there and seemed to be doing fine. A few hours later we went back to A Dogs Day to pick our goof up and see how things went. I was feeling hopeful. The owner came out and told us that he just simply plays to much. They didn't like that... He was the youngest there and encouraged the other dogs to be goofy and play. That wouldn't work for them.
The owner of A Dogs Day in Chantilly informed us that she just didn't think it would work having our dog there. There didn't seem to be any personality or social problems to speak of . Yet he still wasn't welcome there???
Translation : If your dog has energy or plays, he won't be welcome at A DOGS DAY in Chantilly, Virginia.
No comments:
Post a Comment